I was able to get my entry off of another computer because the cache wasn't cleared. Can't recover the four sweet comments though. Here it is:

December 13, 2004 SNOW BABY I finally have some time to sit, catch my breath, and update all you beautiful people on what's been going on.

I'm sitting in the computer lab 50 minutes early for class. We have one final test/quiz and then it's OVER!!! Ugh. One more semester under my belt. Yea baby!

SNOW. SNOW, SNOW, SNOW. It was quite an event. On Friday I had worked, then I had to run back to campus to get my computer adapter, make a payment on my dining table set, meet up with Sarah to deliver her hat and let her do my eyebrows, come home and get everything together and prepared for SNOW. I got up at 6 a.m. so I could wash my hair and get everything ready. Being that I wasn't able to get to sleep until 12:30 a.m. (I get antsy and it's hard to go to sleep. Mixture of anxiety and being excited), it was really hard for me to wake up. I finally got up and got ready. I hauled my card table, battery operated indoor lights, chair, knitted stuff, knitting needle cases, mannequin head, etc. into my car. I was running late since set-up was from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and the doors officially opened at 10 a.m. I didn't get there until 9 a.m., set up everything myself (pretty cute set up with the lights wrapped around the legs of the card table), illustrated signs that showed pricing and signage, and just made everything look as cute and organized as possible. It turns out I had the SMALLEST set up, but it was okay because it worked for me and I sold a LOT. I couldn't believe it. The biggest sellers were the baby hats, the wristbands, and the Kitty hats. Non-knitters were loving those Kittyville hats and I have more orders to fill. The dj was playing good music all day long. I had a lot of visitors including one of my teachers, friends from class, knitting buddies, my parents, long-time friends, etc. I could feel the love. Thank you to everyone that came and shared this experience with me. I would do it again, no doubt!

Not only was I shocked how much I was selling, I was also shocked because so many people asked if I had a card or a store. What? I'm still amazed by that. So I kindly said no, blushed, and then wrote my information on notebook paper ripped from my notebook. How unprofessional, but that's all I had. I'm small potatoes right now. ;) One woman was wearing a skirt made out of keys. It weighed 50 pounds and all of these keys were sewn to her skirt. Nuts! And then there was this painter whose art reminded me of My Paper Crane's art. There was "Still Life of KFC" that I wanted but it was sold by the time I could get around to asking about it. Then there was another one with a guy looking sad with bloodshot eyes and his arms out saying, "I think that dude stole my weed." Made me laugh. That one was sold within the first half hour.

The event was mentioned in three publications that I know about and there were about four photographers capturing the event. Word on the street is the pictures will be posted on a website and I will post the link here! I took crappy pictures because of the mood lighting. Me + camera + low light = crappy outcome.

Big thanks to Brandi for putting it all together. She was so swamped, she didn't make any bags for the event.

So now I'm just waiting for my class to begin so I can get out of here, buy more yarn, sell more items, and get closer to my CAMERA.

Grand total right now = $403

Slow and steady wins the race. Or something.

P.S. - I love that you guys love my illustration of security. Thanks! There were a lot of cool entries and I'll be extra happy when archives are created. I wasn't able to get through all of them because of the busy weekend. Now I'm trying to brainstorm about the word "adoption". This one is going to be difficult.