This isn't everything, I obviously forgot my paper! Probably because the day I sketched this I really did forget my paper (whole pad was in my scanner), but my friend Christie met up with me and spotted me a sheet of soft press.
Here is what I bring everywhere so I can paint on the go....or even just downstairs instead of being stationary at my watercolor desk. Doesn't happen that often right now with a 3 year old and a 5 month old. Need to be mobile!
- My pencil pouch - got it from Urban Outfitters years ago. Holds my pens, mechanical pencils (.03), long click eraser, brush pens, iPad/iPhone stylus, lead refills and cough drops.
- Herschel backpack - I. Love. This. Backpack. It's so cute and functional. I almost bought a Kanken one but it has no padding or real structure with my stuff in it. There is a separate compartment for a laptop but I put my iPad in there, books and sketchpad.
- Assorted brushes - I love DaVinci and Sceptre Gold. Prefer natural hair vs. synthetic. My brushes range from 00 (super tiny) to 8. I work teeny tiny so small brushes are my jam.
- I have a travel watercolor paint case with a mix of tube paints inside. I love Winsor Newton professional, Holbein and when I run out of these I think I will try to get my hands on Schminke. Can't justify buying a set right now...but it is very tempting. Next month is my birthday month after all. I am hopeless.
- A rubber portable cup for my water - It folds up and it's amazing
- Paper towels - I don't take the whole roll, just about 5 or so sheets. They are a life saver for mopping up mistakes, drying my brush and adding effects.
- Paper (not pictured) - I love pads and cold press (some texture) is what I use, soft press (light texture) and hot press (no texture) are turning into my favorites though. Fabriano is my number 1 choice.
Seeing the supplies of others is a guilty pleasure of mine so I thought I would share some of mine. Here's a list of more of my favorite supplies and resources.
Have a great weekend!