I've mentioned before that organizing doesn't come easy to me. It is not natural, always a work in progress over here. This is a little long so I broke it into two parts. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.
- Put it back – I’m getting better about having a place for everything and when I’m done, I put it back.
- Like with Like – I am grouping things together like a mad woman. All hair stuff in one drawer. All lotions, body butters and bath stuff in another drawer, etc. All baking stuff in one drawer, all of the rare cooking utensils in one drawer and so on. This makes such a difference in efficiency for me and other helpers in the kitchen that aren’t even familiar with ours.
- Using lazy susans in the cupboards for spices and alphabetizing them. Could sound crazy to some but it helps a. lot.
- Clearing off and wiping down the bathroom counters every night
- Having as much as you can containerized. In my purse and extra bag I have all of my on the go art supplies in a zip pouch, on the go beauty items in a zip pouch, etc. Pouches are perfect for grabbing and taking to meetings, love. In my extra bag I carry another zip pouch (I know) with more beauty stuff, my sketchbook, iPad, agenda etc.
- Mani/PediBox- I use a hobby box from the Container Store that is actually for crafts but works perfectly for everything needed when painting your toesies.
What works for you? Let me know, I could talk about this stuff all day.