That would be me.
I'm just going to bullet point lots of accomplishments and see how that goes. I'm really trying to have a fun summer with as little chores as possible so we are hauling butt and putting sweat equity into this new casa now. I can't wait to share more pictures but I should be painting instead of editing photos. You know how that goes.
- pulled out some crazy caulked in shelving that was in the TV area
- refinished the hard wood floors
- had the carpet cleaned
- scrubbed every part of the new house, including the walls
- see the above scrubbed, we scrubbed a lot
- patched up holes, spackled, sanded, re-textured
- fixed a dangling towel bar, almost chest bumped after that one
- primed the kitchen, living room, vanity bathroom, formal dining, master bedroom, kitchen, loft and hallways upstairs and two bedrooms
- primed and painted baseboards in 90 percent of the areas above
- painted everything we primed in Lacey Pearl by Benjamin Moore, Dove White by Benjamin Moore, Simply White by Benjamin Moore and Rowan White by Ralph Lauren
- changed out all the light bulbs, makes a huge difference
- caulked the entire kitchen
- washed down all cupboards/cabinets
- washed down all doors with magic erasers
- pulled all of the weeds out of the front and backyards
- put down weed and seed
- we have baby grass growing in some areas, so cute
- planted flowers - dahlias in pots in the back, basket of gold up front, paprika yarrow up front, peony bulbs out front, red dahlias and salmon zinnias up front
- trimmed back dogwoods
- trimmed back a rose bush, can't wait to see what colors they are!
- bought a lawn mower and a blower
- bought a hose
- bought gardening tools - a rake and a shovel
- unpacked lots but we still have boxes scattered around
- changed out majority of the outlet covers, they were painted over or just not cute
- Pledged the stairway railing, it glistens
We even have two flowers growing out front and my mom thinks they are peonies. I am crossing my fingers because I LOVE peonies. Kept noticing ants sitting on every flower bulb and I was about to do something about it until my mom said the ants are there to draw out nectar and that tickles the flowers into opening sooner. (hello run-on sentence) So glad I didn't do something crazy, they have a little symbiotic relationship going on. Also got "The Garden Primer" from the library so that has been an interesting read on organic gardening as well.
I have so much I want to do, I just bought a Poketo Tomorrow Planner so I hope that will help me get even more organized and get back to watercolors (just found my palette in a box last week!), illustration, children's books, the whole nine yards. I know house work never ends but it will get manageable sooner than later. We have been having a blast fixing this place up though. Not one piece of art is on the walls either. I just don't want to put anything up until the painting is completely done.
I'm weird like that.